Sunday 23 June 2013

NotSoNaughtyCarrotCake


This recipe was a very lucky find for me from a blog I recently stumbled upon that seems absolutely fantastic! This is the link: http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com She has some absolutely fabulous recipes for alternates of your favourite foods. Although a vegan site you don't have to be vegan to enjoy her creations, they are so delicious everyone should try! 

I had a big sweet tooth today, so carrot cake was definitely on my list! At first, I was a little reluctant to try raw carrot cake, how could it be better than the real thing. But I stand corrected. I LOVED the raw version. It is quite sweet so be aware! I find it fascinating that you can create the same flavours from completely different ingredients. It has really opened my mind to trying a variety of different old favourites in this way! 

Ingredients:

- 2 carrots, peeled
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/4 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- sprinkle of cloves
- a little fresh ginger, although ground ginger is preferable

Frosting:
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or honey
- water if needed
- orange zest

Method:

1) Frosting: Blend all the ingredients in a processor and put in a bowl aside. Easy peasy.

2) Cake: Cut the carrots into chunks, then throw everything into a processor and pulse until it sticks together

3) Spoon a heaped tbsp into cupcake cases and freeze for about 10-15 mins before putting the frosting on top.

4) Once frosted, leave to freeze for a couple of hours and then serve, it is kind of like having ice cream cake, so you may want to let it thaw a little before eating!




This is uber, uber yummy and tastes like christmas :) It also gives you a massive energy boost for when you are feeling down, so its great all round! Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's so CUTE! :) Thanks for trying it out + I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I devoured these cakes! I love your blog and shall be trying lots more recipes in the next few days....definitely the chocolate ones!

    ReplyDelete